How do I clean my old metal trunk? Yahoo Answers
12 responses to “ How to Get Rid of Smells in an Old Trunk ” You will have to clean the exterior too because the nicotine could just as easily be sitting on the outside even more than the inside. Use oil based products so that they are compatible with each other. Water based products may make the problem worse because it actually “reconstitutes” the smell. Good luck. Carol August... I have the same trunk that was my Dad's military issued trunk. I cleaned up the outside, but didn't paint it. I did however paint the inside. I sanded and scraped all the old paper inside, then did a coat of Kilz paint to get rid of the odor. Then I did 2 coats of chalk paint. I also added legs to the botyom of it. It turned out awesome and now is used as storage and a coffee table.
How To Restore Old Tin and Wood Trunk? trunks clean up n
Old chests can be dusty inside or smell like mothballs, but with a little strategic cleaning, you can restore the appearance and smell of the cedar. Antique furniture should always be treated with... Antique steamer trunks refer to the type of trunk most commonly used on long steamship voyages and stowed under the owner's cabin bed. Original steamer trunks …
Restoring a Leather Trunk ThriftyFun
Before we get into restoring or painting, I had to clean up the trunk. The best way for me to clean all the nooks and cranny’s is with a shop vac. The best way for me to clean … how to avoid misunderstanding in a relationship You can see what the original metal used to look like. This gave me a an idea of how to refinish the rest of the piece. Now that the inside is all cleaned up and the handles are removed I …
How to Restore a Wooden Chest Our Pastimes
I have an old trunk in trying to fix up. The hardware is on I. A way I can’t seems to get off. Can I use bar keepers friend to clean them while still on the trunk? The hardware is on I. … how to clean and service a panasonic shaver After washing the interior of the trunk several times with vinegar and water, I used a full bottle of tangerine essential oil on cotton balls swabbing the entire inside of the trunk. It seemed to resolve the problem. My granddaughter now uses it as a toy box.After a year the odor started to return although not quite as bad as it was initially. Thankfully their was nothing porous stored in the
How long can it take?
Recaptured Charm No Junk in This Trunk
- How To Restore Old Tin and Wood Trunk? trunks clean up n
- Refinishing a Rust-Covered Trunk BRETTUNS VILLAGE TRUNK SHOP
- Stripes-and-Shadows A Restoration Affair
- Restoring a very old leather covered trunk antique restorers
How To Clean An Old Trunk
4/02/2008 · I have a rather attractive metal-type antique trunk that I'd like to clean and polish. If it is clean, and polished it could function more as a piece of art and still hold all my odds and ends (thinking art supplies) but I haven't figured out some simple solvent or cleaning …
- The Ridiculous Redhead February 2, 2012 6 Before & After, Furniture, Kelly Sherman Design truck restore, trunk coffee table, wardrobe trunk TB and I stumbled …
- The steamer trunk is a rectangle or square trunk that is made with flat sides, top and bottom. Some trunks have humpback or dome tops.The wood or metal body of the trunk is held together with
- To all of you attempting to remove finish from an old trunk, I have done a couple and if you want to completely remove the old finish as I did, have it "media" blasted. Like sandblasting but using a soft media, in my case the tech used corncob media. All the rust and old finish gone! No damage to the metal or wood parts. It cost me a whole $28.
- After washing the interior of the trunk several times with vinegar and water, I used a full bottle of tangerine essential oil on cotton balls swabbing the entire inside of the trunk. It seemed to resolve the problem. My granddaughter now uses it as a toy box.After a year the odor started to return although not quite as bad as it was initially. Thankfully their was nothing porous stored in the